Friday, 4 July 2014

Nigerian Music Industry does not appreciate Female Rappers_ Kel

 
Remember rapper Kelechi Ohia, aka. Kel, who rocked the music scene with her chart-bursting singles, Wa Wa Alright and You too fine? Damn was she fine! That said, looks like she has sadly towed the now infamous path of all previously famous naija femcees (15secs of fame) because just when fans looked forward to more exciting hit songs from her, the one-time,Capital Hill Music signee, slowly faded off the scene. Even though she still relates with music fans on social media, Kel has not released any new material in a long time.

According to her, the hiatus was deliberate and necessary. Currently she's believed to still but in the entertainment business but not music particularly, in an interview she revealed: “I am working on other projects which are all entertainment related. Although I haven’t recorded any new song lately, I am working to release a come-back album before the year runs out. I have only stepped aside to take care of my education and to sort out pending issues with my former records label. I want to work on my music and myself, physically and mentally. But I am still in touch with the Nigerian music scene. Also, I am a brand ambassador for SOULMATE Industries.

” Expecting to see her pretty face soon on my favourite music channel. Bet all the guys can't wait as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment