Monday, 7 July 2014

Common Admits Beef With Drake Started Over Serena Williams

 It's been well over 365days since the Common/Drake beef went down, with Drake becoming the self proclaimed winner of that duel. While the beef was seemingly over Drizzy's penchant for being "soft", many thought at the time that it could also have to do with both rapper's one-time leading lady Serena Williams (although this was denied at the time of the beef). Now, after the fact, Common admits that the pro tennis player did play a part.

Common in a recent interview with Vlad TV, said: "At that time, I think it was the Drake-Serena situation," he admitted. "I didn’t know what was going on with that. And I ain’t know if he was throwing shots at me.

[Serena] my ex and we’re going our separate ways. So unfortunately the war might have been over a girl, but at the time I never said that. It wasn’t totally that. It was more of, 'Do you respect me? 'Cause I actually like you as an artist.'"

Common also added that he was glad nothing physical came out of the whole episode.

Common's new album "Nobody's Smiling" is due out on July 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment